A product of
West Aspiration Sdn Bhd
Langkawi International Yacht Registry:
Anyone can register a yacht in Malaysia.
You don't need to be a resident and due to
duty free status there's no import duty to pay.
By following the guidlines set out below,
you or your agent can lodge an application
at the Harbour Master office at Level One,
Jetty Point, Kuah, 9 - 5, Sun-Thu, 04-9666134
(which is the same office for Check IN/OUT)
Completion of forms (which are supplied) for the following items:
1. Application of Approved Name or Change of Name (if applicable)
2. Application to Register Yacht
3. Declaration of Ownership.
4. Particulars of Yacht.
One copy of other items required from either originals or copies:
5. Copy of front page of passport.
6. Builder's Cerificate (only if a new construction).
7. Bill of Sale. (from when you bought the boat)
8. Copy of Certificate of Previous Registration (whether current or expired)
9. Deletion Certificate (from country where present registration was cancelled)
10. Colour photograph of boat. (printout of close-up digital shot is okay)
Applications will be accepted, ONLY when ALL items above are supplied.
Applications take approximately 6 weeks to be processed in Port Klang Head Office.
Applicant is notified by phone or email to collect new registration at Kuah office.
Upon collection, pay one time fee of RM1,140 in cash + RM380 one year registration.
Each year thereafter, you pay RM380 annual registration fee.
Note: Of above items, only # 3. (Declaration of Owner) must be signed by the owner.
All other items can be signed/supplied by an agent and lodged on owner's behalf.